[ICTs-and-Society] Universal labor or General Labor

Christian Fuchs christian.fuchs at uti.at
Mon Jul 22 17:57:37 PDT 2013

Hello Jakob,

Chris Arthur:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00201747808601851#.Ue3SyFMWH0c

In GDR Marxist philosophy, Hubert Laitko and Peter Ruben had works
called "Wissenschaft als allgemeine Arbeit" - "Science as general labour".
http://www.annette-schlemm.de/project/wissenschaft.htm
http://www.peter-ruben.de/frames/files/Grundlagen/Ruben%20-%20Wissenschaft%20als%20allgemeine%20Arbeit.pdf
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubert_Laitko

I do not think these GDR works have been translated because such
philosophy has been put on the trash heap of history by the circumstance
that many GDR professors lost their jobs after 1990 and that these jobs
were then colonized by Western-Germans...

Somebody should philosophically revisist such things and see what we can
make of it for a critical/Marxist political economy of the media today...

Best, Christian